Friday, June 28, 2013

Not this time...

Those of you who haven't heard, we are not pregnant this time. I am SO frustrated with the staff at my doctor's office right now! I had an appointment to go in Wednesday for blood work. I was told by the doctor and her medical assistant that it was for a progesterone test. Jason was there, he said that is what he heard too. When I showed up to have it done, they didn't have me in the system! They said I was supposed to come in the previous Friday. I was never told that!! So the tech drew my blood and said they'd call me that afternoon with the results. I asked her what the test tells us and she looked at me like I was completely dumb and said "Oh, it measures the levels of hCG in your system to tell us if you're pregnant!" I told her that I was here for a progesterone test, that I had JUST peed on a stick and it had been negative anyway and I was supposed to start that day too. She said that since I'd had an IUI it should show up this early. Um... no.. I didn't have an IUI. I was so confused. She said if the test was positive then they would run the progesterone... that was supposed to be tested the previous week. What the crap people?! I called the Scottsdale office (I had made the appointment for their Tempe office while I was at the Scottsdale office for my saline ultrasound) and they had me on the schedule for Tempe for a pregnancy test but also a progesterone test the previous week. I swear that I was never told about it, nor did I have an appointment made for the previous week. I only have two appointment cards- one telling us when to start the progesterone, when to trigger and when to "be together" and another telling me to come in Wed June 27th for bloodwork. If I truly missed an appointment shouldn't they have at least called me??  The nurse kept talking about my IUI but I kept telling her I didn't have an IUI and asked if she even looked at my chart. Later that afternoon they called to tell me I wasn't pregnant (duh!) and she was really rude about it. I asked her what the plan is now and she said that we will do IUI. I was told by my doctor that I have to have surgery to scrape out some of my extra lining and to remove the polyps before they will do IUI! I asked her to confirm that because I don't want to pay for IUI for it not to work, and I don't want to do something the doctor didn't ask me to do. She had to call me back, but she didn't know then either so I am waiting on a phone call from the doctor herself. SO frustrated right now. It would be amazing if I didn't have to do the surgery and still had a chance at getting pregnant with just IUI but I want the instructions to come from the doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment