Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breakdowns and Babies

We went in for my saline ultrasound (also known as a sonohystogram) on Monday, June 10th. For a quick description of the procedure a long catheter is inserted into the uterus via the cervix. Saline is infused and a transvaginal ultrasound wand is used to measure the thickness of the uterine walls and also see the lining easier since the saline provides more contrast and better visibility. Then, the catheter is removed and another long, thin tube is inserted into the uterus and it is suctioned to the wall of the uterus and dragged back and forth to collect a tissue sample. I had googled the procedure, like a moron, and was already nervous. Added to the fact that the HSG I had done was the most painful thing I'd had done EVER and it was traumatic for me. When Dr. Behara and her amazing nurse started I freaked out. Anxiety took over and I started to shake and cry and be a general nuisance that any other doctor would have kicked me out for. She rubbed my back and told me to get dressed and we would try again later. She wrote me a prescription for valium and vicodin and told me to come back at 4pm nice and "happy" from the meds. This meant that we had three hours to kill so I got to finally spend an entire afternoon just hanging out in Snottsdale with my sweet husband who was kind enough to get me anything and everything I wanted that day. The man is a SAINT people. I really got lucky marrying him.

We went back at 4pm and I took my pills. I wish I could have valium every day. I am a much nicer person on it. =) She did the ultrasound and it was painless. She mentioned that I had a perfect follicle ready to drop an egg (it was cycle day 11, I ovulate on day 14 like clockwork) so I asked if we could skip the biopsy and just see what happens this month. She suggested a trigger shot of Ovidrel (hCG hormone) to help drop the egg and then gave us specific times to "be together" as she put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment